The economic HD-2 IRONCLAD is a product of Garner’s dedication to innovation. Fully integrated with the Garner HD-2 degausser, the IRONCLAD scans the hard drive serial number, erases the hard drive, captures an image of the degaussed hard drive, records the operator’s ID, and documents the erasure status of the degaussed hard drives. This essential information is then preserved in an IRONCLAD erasure verification report creating a complete proof-of-erasure file.
©2016 Garner Products, Inc. All rights reserved. Patent pending.
Touch Screen Control Head
Image Capture System
Scanner and Stand
HD-2 IRONCLAD- Secure Image Capture System
- Records images of degaussed hard drives and tapes (This is a high-resolution image that can be used to identify bar-codes and identifying marks)
- Scans hard drive serial numbers with included bar-code scanner and stand
- Documents operator ID and erasure status of hard drives (The internal field checker of the HD-2 interacts with the IRONCLAD system to record the exact date and time the HD-2 created a degauss cycle that erased the data)
- Generates IRONCLAD erasure report with images for audit purposes (Provides a searchable, verified database to satisfy auditors)
- Comes with the economic HD-2 degausser that completely erases all data on hard drives
- Creates a secure erasure verification process
- Provides proof erasure months even years later with IRONCLAD certainty
- Compact, lightweight, and transportable allows system to be taken to the media
- Operates off a standard wall outlet
IRONCLAD Proof-of-Erasure Report!
Secure and Compliant
The HD-2 IRONCLAD will help you satisfy the most stringent government and industry standards, including:
- California Senate Bill 1386
- DOD Up to Secret Classification
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
Hard drives erased with the HD-2 have been tested and verified by hard drive manufacturers, information recovery companies, and private forensic laboratories, which independently confirmed that no data was recoverable.
The HD-2 is independently tested and certified to meet CE and ANSI standards for safety and compatibility worldwide.
HD-2 IRONCLAD —
For even greater disposal security add our NSA/CSS EPL-listed PD-4 Hard Drive Destroyer that bends, breaks, and mangles hard drives or our NSA/CSS EPL-listed PD-5 Hard Drive and Solid-State Memory Destroyer that destroys magnetic, solid state, solid-state hybrid, flash, and thumb drives.
Our workstation options allow you to combine the HD-2 IRONCLAD Degausser with an NSA/CSS EPL-listed PD-4 Hard Drive Destroyer or NSA/CSS EPL-listed PD-5 Hard Drive and Solid-State Destroyer with our custom-configured SW-2 Table and media bins. Learn More
CE, ANSI, FCC
Hard drives: Hard drives up to 1.7 in. high including full height, standard and laptop drives
Tape media: All LTO, all DLT, 3490, 9940, 3592, AIT, and others
Degausser with IRONCLAD Erasure Time (per hour)
Erases up to 44 hard drives
Degausser Erasure Time (per hour)
Erases up to 480 (1.8 in.) hard drives
Erases up to 360 (2.5 in.) hard drives
Erases up to 60 (3.5 in.) hard drives
HD-2: 100-240VAC ±5%, 50/60 Hz
IRONCLAD: 90-240VAC, 47-440Hz
HD-2 IRONCLAD: 40lbs. (18.1 kg.)
Control head: 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
Overall Dimensions (HxWxD)HD-2 IRONCLAD: 10.2 x 17.8 x 18.2 (in.) 260 x 451 x 463 (mm)
Touchscreen: 6.6 x 9.6 x 2.5 (in.) 168 x 244 x 64 (mm)
HD-2: During standby: 24W
During charge: 156W avg.
During erase: 60W
41°F - 104°F (5°C - 40°C)
10%H - 40%H Without condensation
HD-2 IRONCLAD: One-year manufacturer’s limited warranty standard
Scanner: Ninety-day manufacturer’s limited warranty standard